Lab Area: Blood Banking (Florida's Donor Processing)
► EXPIRES on: Jan. 31, 2019
This course meets the following RENEWAL requirements:
- Florida’s 1-hour minimum requirement
- ASCP’s 2-points minimum requirement
- Other national and/or state license needs
This course includes manufacturers’ features for traceability systems, important features of centrifuge rotors, and the features required for proper cold storage of blood and blood derivatives, including temperatures and expiration dates.
Article used: “Keeping Blood Safe – Best Practices for Blood Banking Are Explored”, by Alex Esmon, PhD, and Maurizio Merli, in Advance for Administrators of the Laboratory, 2013 (4 pages). © Permission to copy this article has been granted by Merion Publications.
Total of 2-hours / 2-points in:
- Blood Banking (Florida's Donor Processing)
► N O T E: This IS an ONLINE course for $15.00, which includes:
- The above article + the quiz (via the e-mailed access code) & immediately print the Certificate of Completion (upon scoring 70% or greater).