Lab Area: Prevention of Medical Errors
► EXPIRES: Jan. 31, 2019
This course meets the following requirements:
- Florida’s 2-hour requirement for: RENEWAL and/or UPGRADE and/or NEW (initial) Lab license
- ASCP’s RENEWAL requirement in other related laboratory areas of interest
- Other national and/or state license needs
This course includes the incidence of laboratory errors, error reduction, root cause analysis, error prevention, and patient safety as it relates to the practice of clinical laboratory personnel.
2 Articles used: (17 pages in total)
- “LAB Medical Errors”, by CDC, 2011.
- “Techniques For Root Cause Analysis”, by Baylor Medical Center, 2015, Dallas, TX.
Total of 2-hours / 2-points in:
- Prevention of Medical Errors
► N O T E: This IS an ONLINE course for $15.00, which includes:
- The above article + the quiz (via the e-mailed access code) & immediately print the Certificate of Completion (upon scoring 70% or greater).