Lab Area: Immunohematology (ASCP's Blood Banking)
► EXPIRES on: Jan. 31, 2021
This course meets the following RENEWAL requirements:
- Florida’s 1-hour minimum requirement
- ASCP’s 2-points minimum requirement
- Other national and/or state license needs
This course includes contributing factors suggested for a higher rate of alloimmunization in SCD transfused patients, the most common antibody found in the study subjects, the percentage of RBC antibodies against the Rh system found, and the practice that has become the standard of care in several institutions for reducing the risk of alloimmunization.
Article used: “Lifetime risk and characterization of red blood cell alloimmunization in chronically transfused patients with sickle cell disease”, by Woldie, et al, in IJBTI (International Journal of Blood Transfusion and Immunohematology), 2015 (9 pages).
Total of 2-hours / 2-points in:
- Immunohematology (ASCP's Blood Banking)
► N O T E: This IS an ONLINE course for $15.00, which includes:
- The above article + the quiz (via the e-mailed access code) & immediately print the Certificate of Completion (upon scoring 70% or greater).