Lab Area: Immunohematology (ASCP's Blood Banking)
► EXPIRES on: Jan. 31, 2021
This ONLINE course meets the following RENEWAL requirements:
- Florida’s 1-hour minimum requirement
- ASCP’s 2-points minimum requirement
- Other national and/or state license needs
This ONLINE course includes contributing factors suggested for a higher rate of alloimmunization in SCD transfused patients, the most common antibody found in the study subjects, the percentage of RBC antibodies against the Rh system found, and the practice that has become the standard of care in several institutions for reducing the risk of alloimmunization.
Article used: “Evaluation of nucleic acid testing for blood donors: One year study”, by Woldie, et al, in IJBTI (International Journal of Blood Transfusion and Immunohematology), 2015 (9 pages).
Total of 2-hours / 2-points in:
- Immunohematology (ASCP's Blood Banking)
► N O T E: This IS an ONLINE course for $15.00, which includes:
- The above article + the quiz (via the e-mailed access link) & immediately print the Certificate of Completion (upon scoring 70% or greater).