2 Lab Areas: Laws & Board Rules (Clinical Lab) + Management/Supervision (renewal)
► EXPIRES on: Jan. 31, 2019
This course meets the following RENEWAL requirements:
- Florida’s 1-hour minimum requirement in Laws & Rules (Clinical Lab Board) + 1-hour in Management / Supervision
- ASCP’s RENEWAL requirement in other related laboratory areas of interest
- Other national and/or state license needs
This course includes the Rules enacted by the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel, as Chapter 64B3, (1-13), addressing the specific organization, definitions (in regard to laboratories and personnel), approved training programs, trainees, qualification for licensure (Supervisor, Technologist, Technician, Director, & Public Health Personnel), manner of application, documentation for licensure, fees (Application, Licensure, Active Status Renewal), continuing education, and responsibilities of CLP. Although these chapters are discussed in this course, all chapters, titles and rules are accessible at https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ Organization.asp?OrgNo=64b3. Also addressed is the Department of Health General Continuing Education Rule 64B-5.002, the Responsibility of the Continuing Education Providers, which is accessible at https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ RuleNo.asp?ID=64B-5.002.
Article used: “Florida Laws + Board Rules (Clinical Lab)”, by Florida Excell, 2017 (36 pages).
Total of 2-hours / 2-points:
- 1 in Laws & Rules (of the Florida Board - Clinical Lab)
- 1 in Management / Supervision (renewal)
► N O T E: This IS an ONLINE course for $15.00, which includes:
- The above article + the quiz (via the e-mailed access code) & immediately print the Certificate of Completion (upon scoring 70% or greater).